Austrian Ecological Quality Certification
All Team 7 products meet the strict standards of the Austrian Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water in manufacturing and production. Team 7's ecologically-friendly production practices consistently earn them the Austrian Ecological Quality Certification. Unlike many industry awards, this certification comes from a government regulatory body.
Following are some of the requirements Team 7 meets - and overachieves - to earn the Austrian Ecological Quality Certification:
- Wood materials are allowed only half of the otherwise already stringent, acceptable maximum formaldehyde content. Team 7 uses only natural, solid wood.
- All other products used in the production process must not be known to cause cancer or any other health risks and must have very low VOC (volatile organic compounds) emissions.
Team 7 products are treated only with natural oil and wax and are free of ANY chemicals.
Packaging must allow the product to breathe, so that any remaining emissions can dissipate during transportation and storage.
- Use of PVC plastic is not allowed.
- Other plastics are only allowed in hardware parts, and plastic coatings are only allowed on counter tops. Team 7 uses only first-grade hardware with main components made out of high quality steel.
- Regular maintenance of all production equipment is required; especially equipment used for drying and surface treatment.
- For children's furniture, separate and much stricter regulations apply.
- All woods used must comply with the International Protection of Species Act and must be from certified, sustainably-managed forests.
- All certified companies must have a policy on waste and environmental management and meet minimum standards for employee safety. Focus areas are dust, noise and chemical (hazardous) emissions.
- There are minimum requirements for product quality and lifespan, ease of repair, availability of spare parts and after-sales service.
Nationwide delivery & full installation available. Free drawing and planning service available.
> start browsing Team7 Modern Furniture now
PICTURED: Team7 Nox Bed